The Nanites are self-replicating, bio-engineered organisms that work on the ship. They are microscopic creatures that reside in the SOL's computer systems and made their first appearance in season 8. Based on the concept of nanotechnology, their comical deus ex machina activities included such diverse tasks as instant repair and construction, hairstyling, performing a Nanite variation of a flea circus, conducting a microscopic war, and even destroying the Observers' planet after a dangerously vague request from Mike to "take care of [a] little problem". The Nanites were largely forgotten about during the show's last season, and we are not given an explanation of their fate following the series finale.
List of Nanites
- Ned the Nanite - First appeared in Revenge of the Creature
- Wade the Nanite - First appeared in Revenge of the Creature
- Jody the Nanite - Appeared in The Leech Woman
- Shelli the Nanite - First appeared in The Incredibly Strange Creatures...
- Mookie the Nanite - Appeared in Overdrawn at the Memory Bank
- Slicer the Nanite - Appeared in Overdrawn at the Memory Bank
- Nate the Nanite Clown - Appeared in Gorgo
|Primary Residents||Joel Robinson • Mike Nelson • Jonah Heston • Tom Servo • Crow T. Robot • Gypsy • Cambot • Magic Voice|
|Minor/Other Residents||Timmy • Mike's Robot • Clayton Forrester and TV's Frank (mirror) • Eddie Nelson (Alternate universe) • Gypsy (mirror) • Tom Servo (mirror) • Nanites • Winston • M. Waverly • Matt Claude Van Damme • Growler|
|Visitors||Nuveena • Enoch • Demon Dogs • Monad • Phantom of Krankor • Ortega • Henry Kissinger • Goosio • Mikey the Mike sprite • Glenn Manning • Earl Torgeson • Finnegan • Lydia • Brain Guy|
|Terminology||Hexfield Viewscreen • Rocket Number 9 • Umbilicus • Movie sign • Manipulator arms • Deus ex Machina • Hyper-warp escape ships • Airlock • Whirlpool • Jet Screen • The Tube|
|Locations||Bridge • Theater • Theater hallway • Mike's room • Tom's room • Crow's Room • Joel's room • Kitchen|