This article is about the film The Land That Time Forgot. For the MST3K episode go to MST3K 1107 - The Land That Time Forgot.
The Land That Time Forgot is an British 1974 science fanasy film produced by Britain's Amicus Productions. It was directed by Kevin Connor and starred Doug McClure, John McEnery, and Susan Penhaligon. It was filmed in Technicolor, and is based on the fantasy novel The Land The Time Forgot by Edgar Rice Burroughs. The screenplay was written by James Cawthorn and Michael Moorcock. The original music score was composed by Douglas Gamley. The film premiered in America on the 13th of August 1975.
- Director Kevin Connor and actor Doug McClure later worked together on 1976's At the Earth's Core, which was used in Experiment #1114. Some of the supporting cast also appear in that later film. Connor and McClure would reunite in 1977 for The People That Time Forgot, a sequel to this film.
- Anthony Ainley, who plays Dietz (one of the Germans), will be recognizable to fans of the TV show "Doctor Who" for his portrayal of The Master (a villain who plagued the Doctor) throughout most of the 1980s.
- The cast also includes an actor named Colin Farrell (born in 1938). This is not the same person as the Irish actor Colin Farrell (born in 1976) who appeared in such films as Daredevil, SWAT, and In Bruges.
- Ostensibly set in the 1910s (the same timeframe in which the novel was published), it may be worthwhile to note that the German U-Boat crew are not Nazis.
- Burroughs' novel was adapted into a film again in 2009.
- The discussion that takes place between Captain Von Schoenvorts and Lisa Clayton is the same debate about the sinking of the RMS Lusitania, a British ocean liner that a German submarine sank during World War I. The German government claimed that the sinking was justified because the Lusitania was carrying supplies that could be used in the war effort (in addition to the many civilians on board).