Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Addams Family is an American television comedy based on the characters created by cartoonist Charles Addams for the New Yorker. Unnamed in the strip, the characters were named for a black and white TV series that ran from September 18, 1964, to April 8, 1966.
The TV series starred John Astin, Carolyn Jones, Jackie Coogan and Ted Cassidy. The show was adapted into a feature film in 1990 that starred Raul Julia, Angelica Huston, Christopher Lloyd and Christina Ricci, and a sequel followed starring Peter Graves.
The series is possibly best known for its distinctive theme song, and for being confused with "The Munsters."
- The Corpse Vanishes - The house in the film is identified as the Addams House.
- Manos: The Hands Of Fate - Cousin Itt, a recurring giant walking mound of hair with no visible face and a hat, is mentioned.
- Mitchell - When Mitchell turns around and finds Linda Evans, Joel says, "Uncle Fester?" (which was the name of Jackie Coogan's character).
- Overdrawn at the Memory Bank - Raul Julia laments that a female character doesn't speak French as Gomez expected of Morticia. The quote "Fester, is that you?" is repeated, referring to a plotline in the 1990 film about Gomez looking for Fester, who had been missing for some time.
- The Space Children - The movie stars Jackie Coogan and is "festered" with Addams references such as putting a light bulb in Coogan's mouth, a recurring Addams gag. Cousin Itt is mentioned.
- The Touch of Satan - Mike says, "Thank you Lurch!", referring to the overture that the manservant Lurch played in the series.