This article is a stub. For details on how to fill in information, see Sample MST3K Episode Listing.
|“||I'm not forgetting YOU, Danny from the last movie...||”|
|— Jonah, acknowledging the reappearance of Steve Franken|
- Main article: Avalanche (film)
An ambitious land developer ignores safety warnings about his new ski resort and chalet, causing an avalanche. After the avalanche is over, peril plagues the survivors.
Segment One: Jonah does have notes for their idea. Kinga and Max are interrupted by Ardy down in Moon 14, where the video liquids are held. For the Invention Exchange, the 'bots create the Mouth Vacuum, which doesn't really work out well for Jonah. The Mads introduce The Don La Font-aine 3000, which takes a phrase and changes it to a movie title with a corresponding font.
Segment Two: Crow and Tom profess their awesomeness to actor Rock Hudson, dressing up as his character. Jonah's attempt to talk about 70s light fixtures is stopped by their hero worship, only for Jonah to tell them that they're worshiping the wrong man.
Segment Three: While Jonah and the Bots are playing Marco Polo, Kinga prepares to meet the magician Neville LaRoy (played by Neil Patrick Harris). After singing "Our Love Is on Wings (You Can't See)" Kinga tries to meet Neville in person, he turns it down and dumps her because he's not ready to go through that, breaking Kinga's heart.
Segment Four: Jonah and the Bots decide to claim various monster/disaster movie names to stop the flow of bad monster movies spawned by Sharknado. Kinga and Max attempt to claim some with Kinga angry that her tech had been hacked.
Segment Five: Gypsy sings various snow-themed lounge songs, wowing everyone.
Stinger: The police officer wrecks his car, destroying the store front and striking a pedestrian.
- The Don La-Font-aine 3000
- The name of The Mads' invention is inspired by Don LaFontaine (1940-2008), a long-time voice-over artist who provided the narration for many, many movie trailers.
- "Rock Hudson - Down... Down..."
- A paraphrase of the song "Rock Lobster" by the musical group The B52s.
- "Mia Farrow, oh boy, I hope Ol' Blue Eyes doesn't catch her with Rock Hudson or it's lights out for these two ring-a-ding-dngs."
- Tom is mimicking the vocal style of Frank Sinatra (whose nickname was "Ol' Blue Eyes), who had been a romantic partner of Mia Farrow. Sinatra was notoriously jealous, and often showed up on the sets of movies she was making to make sure she was staying faithful to him.
- "Go that way, really fast -- and if something gets in your way, turn!"
- Jonah is quoting the 80's teen/ski movie Better Off Dead.
- "Dance your cares away! (clap clap) Worries for another day! Let the music play! (clap clap) Down in Avalanche!"
- A slight re-wording of the theme song to the 1980s HBO television series, Fraggle Rock, produced by the Jim Henson Company.
Behind the scenes
- Jonah Ray - Jonah Heston
- Hampton Yount - Crow T. Robot
- Baron Vaughn - Tom Servo
- Felicia Day - Kinga Forrester
- Patton Oswalt - Max (TV's Son of TV's Frank)
- Rebecca Hanson - Gypsy / Synthia
- Tim Ryder - Bonehead #1
- Zach Thompson - Bonehead #2
- Joel Hodgson - Ardy
- Har Mar Superstar (Bandleader), Tony Bevilacqua, Matthew Compton, Denver Dalley, Jason Fabus, Charlie Erickson, Andris Mattson, Amanda Mndr Warner, Josiah Steinbeck
- Main article: List of MST3K Crew#Season 11