An alien spaceship crashes outside a small town in Maryland, releasing dangerous extra-terrestrial creatures that attack several residents. The local Sheriff and Mayor are unsure how to counteract the killings until a mysterious stranger arrives and offers to help.
- Filmed in 1972, The Alien Factor was not released to theaters until 1978 (though some accounts say 1976).
- In 1982, director Don Dohler produced a loose remake of The Alien Factor, this time called Nightbeast. It features a similar plot and much of the same cast playing characters with the same name.
- Likewise, Dohler's 1985 film The Galaxy Invader (which later became a Rifftrax presentation) also uses much of the same cast.
- Don Dohler's 1999 movie Alien Rampage is sometimes identified by the title Alien Factor 2: Alien Rampage, but it is not a sequel (though it does feature some of the same cast).
Prologue: Joel introduces the cast and they take their seats.
Quotes & References
- "Now is that a great premise for a monster movie or what, Largo? Come on!"
- A DVD of a live performance was made available on May 23rd, 2010. This performance apparently took place on October 28th, 2009 at Largo at the Coronet in Los Angeles. The DVD is no longer in production but is available second-hand through several online venues.
- A Boxed Set with all Cinematic Titanic recorded presentations was released by Shout! Factory in 2017.