In 1966, a television series inspired by the Batman comic book debuted. It was immediately popular and had a lasting affect on the cultural landscape.
- Adam West later starred in Zombie Nightmare and hosted the Turkey Day '94 marathon.
- Alan Napier, who played Alfred the Butler on "Batman", appeared in The Mole People as Elinu the High Priest.
- The production of the movie The Wild Wild World of Batwoman was apparently inspired by the success of the "Batman" TV show.
- An earlier screen incarnation (a film serial) became a Rifftrax presentation.
- Many actors who guest starred on the Batman TV series also appeared in films used on MST3K.
- The 1990s "Batman: the Animated Series" (which featured the voice of Mark Hamill as the voice of The Joker) is generally considered to have been as culturally significant as the 1960s "Batman" TV show, but for different reasons.