Alan Rickman (born February 21 1946 in Hammersmith, London, England, UK; passed away January 14, 2016 in London, UK) is an internationally reknowned actor, made famous by his role in the original Die Hard film as the villain, Hans Gruber. His mysterious and complex performance was praised and is now one of his most popular roles.
At one point his voice was regarded as the perfect male voice, along with actor Jeremy Irons. Coincidentally, Irons later went on to portray Rickman's character's brother in the sequel Die Hard: With a Vengeance.
Rickman is also well-known for playing Severus Snape in the Harry Potter film Series. He also portrayed the Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (with Morgan Freeman and Christian Slater) and Éamon de Valera in Michael Collins (with Liam Neeson and Julia Roberts). He also appeared in Quigley Down Under (with Tom Selleck), Truly Madly Deeply, Sense and Sensibility, Judas Kiss, Dogma (with Matt Damon and Ben Affleck), Galaxy Quest (with Sigourney Weaver), Blow Dry, Love Actually (again with Neeson), Something the Lord Made, Bottle Shock (with Greg Collins), Lee Daniel's The Butler (with Forest Whitaker) and CBGB.
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - RiffTrax
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - RiffTrax
- Die Hard - RiffTrax Presents
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - RiffTrax
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - RiffTrax
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - RiffTrax
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - RiffTrax
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 - RiffTrax
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 - RiffTrax